The Hendrick Scholarship Application is now offered exclusively online! Link will be posted on December 1, 2022. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
The Hendrick Scholarship application will open on December 1, 2022 and we will be accepting applications through March 3, 2023. These applications will be used for Fall 2023 funding.
If you have any questions about the scholarship, you may see your guidance counselor or call the Hendrick office at 972-423-2079 for more information. Thank you to Plano ISD for its support of our program and for helping make the process run smoothly.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
We are seeking to support Plano ISD students who persevered to overcome significant adversity, and are often economically disadvantaged, who are motivated and academically capable of successfully earning a college degree.
All applicants must:
- Be a Plano ISD (Texas) high school senior.
- Have at least a 3.0 high school GPA (or 2.75 with Honors, AP, IB or dual credit)
- Provide Financial Aid verification documents: Copy of SAR (Student Aid Report) from FAFSA or report from Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA).
- Have documentation of financial need by providing ONE of the following: a copy of a parent’s current tax return or supporting evidence regarding income such as the IRS W-2 Wage & Tax statement form.
- Submit a resume describing your current work status, volunteer involvement and extra curricular activities.
- Submit an essay describing your adversities, how you have overcome them, and what attending college means to you. (Specific prompt is viewable on the online application)
- One letter of recommendation from someone outside of your academic life.
- Due date March 3, 2023
* Note that you are applying to participate in a program, rather than just receiving a scholarship award.
Finalists will be interviewed and scholarships will be awarded at each high school’s senior awards night.