The Scholarship application process has been postponed at this time. HSF is currently focusing on 66 students enrolled in the program. We will make an announcement when the interview process is reinstated.
Thank you to Plano ISD for its support of our program and for helping make the process run smoothly. If you have any questions about the scholarship, you may see your guidance counselor or call the Hendrick office at 972-423-2079 for more information.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
We are seeking to support Plano ISD economically insecure students who persevered to overcome adversity, and who are motivated and academically capable of successfully earning a college degree.
Students must submit the application form and accompanying documentation, including an essay.
Applicant must be:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a recent Plano ISD (Texas) graduate (apply during the last semester of your senior year)
- Have at least a 2.5 high school GPA.
- Have financial need which must be documented by providing copies of the parents’ tax return, W-2, FAFSA/Student Aid Report, or high school confirmation of eligibility for free or reduced lunch program
- Submit an essay describing your adversities, how you have overcome them, and what attending college means to you
- Provide reference letters
*Note that you are applying to participate in a program, rather than just receiving a scholarship award.
Application packages may be turned into your school counseling offices or mailed to:
Finalists will be interviewed and scholarships will be awarded at each high school’s senior awards night.